tacacs GUI configuration ➞ Add/Edit Devices
- Main menu
- Main Table
- You can sort the table by various parameters, and apply various filters.
- Add Device
To add a device, you should click the "+ Add Device". In the menu that opens, you can specify the following parameters:
- Device Name - is the logical name of the device.
- Device Type - it is the logical type of the device. It has three preconfigured types: Router, Switch, Firewall, but you can set your type.
- IP address - it is ip address of the device.
- tacacs key - it is a key that will be used for setup secure communication between the device and the tacacs server. This key must match the key configured on the device.
- enable password - it is a optional parameter, used to set enable password. Enable password can be stored as clear text or encrypted text, by default it will encrypted. Also you can paste already encrypted password, but before it you should select "Select if you have entered encrypted password" (you can generate encrypted password by using tac_pwd command in ubuntu).
Also you can test reachability of device by function "Ping Check".
- Edit Device
- Use "Edit" button to edit parameters of a device. "Edit Device" menu uses the same parameters as "Add Device" menu.
- Delete Device
- Use "Del" button to delete a device. The device will be deleted after your confirmation.
- Main menu
Select spelling error and press Ctrl + Enter or click